Today I chat with Tamara Morales of Placentamom.com. Tamara is a mom of 2 "middles" and a placenta encapsulator in the Sacramento area. She started her placenta business 7 years ago and is also the one who encapsulated my placenta with my daughter's birth. I so enjoyed chatting with her about her postpartum experiences and about the benefits of placenta encapsulation.
In her episode, we talk about:
- Postpartum Depression and how placenta capsules can help
- How postpartum depression manifested for her with her first, and how much better it was with her second baby and the lifestyle changes her family made when prepping for the second baby
- H.A.L.T. - the idea that you shouldn't ever let yourself get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired
- The importance of asking moms if you can do something specific to help after the baby is born rather than asking a blanket question about what they need
- Importance of embracing all of the moments, even the bad ones and sharing with other moms that it IS hard in these early days.
Tamara also generously offered to help anyone looking for a placenta encapsulator in other parts of the country to contact her and she will help find you one!
You can learn more about her services here.
You can find the show wherever you find your podcasts, or stream it directly here.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
The podcast is also sponsored by Audible.com. To get your FREE audiobook and 30-day trial, please go tohttp://www.audibletrial.com/postpartum
You can also support the show by becoming a patron on Patreon. No donation is too small, for as little as $1 per episode, you can make a huge difference for the show. Click here to learn more.
Thank you SO much for your support!