Today I had a wonderful conversation with Samantha Montpetit-Huynh. She is the mother of two beautiful girls, a certified pre and postnatal exercise specialist with over 15 years experience and the co-founder of Bellies Inc., the creators of the AB Tank Complete System, the most comprehensive, holistic system that combines restorative exercises and abdominal wrapping to help women build core confidence from pregnancy through motherhood.
In her episode we chat about:
- The myomectomy she had in her 20s and how that affected her births
- Learning that she could have had a VBAC with her second if she'd know and how she processed that experience
- Her work with diastases recti and pelvic flood disfunction
- How we force moms back into regular life and exercise RIGHT after birth
- The need for a pelvic floor physical therapist
- How our bodies will never be the same as they were pre-baby
- What services Bellies Inc offers both for prenatal and postpartum
- How France does postpartum pelvic floor therapy differently
- Painful Sex after birth is common but not normal
- The increase in prolapse in younger women because they are rushing back into fitness without restorative exercise
- Tips for supporting your body both during pregnancy and postpartum, including their Core Confidence Program.
- Her own hysterectomy and how she rehabbed her core after that
- and more!
This episode of the Postpartum Podcast is sponsored by ICON UNDIES. Did you know that 1 in 3 women experience little bladder leaks when they run, jump, sneeze, or laugh? This is especially true for new moms. But because of Icon, You don’t have to worry! Their undies feel like a regular, beautiful pair of underwear, but can hold up to 6 teaspoons of liquid without the bulky, bunchy plasticy feel of a pantyliner. Icon is also offering listeners of the podcast $5 off your order with code postpartum at checkout.
You can find the show wherever you find your podcasts, or stream it here.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
The podcast is also sponsored by Audible.com. To get your FREE audiobook and 30-day trial, please go tohttp://www.audibletrial.com/postpartum
You can also support the show by becoming a patron on Patreon. No donation is too small, for as little as $1 per episode, you can make a huge difference for the show. Click here to learn more.
Thank you SO much for your support!