Today I had so much fun chatting with Lori Jill Isenstadt of the All About Breastfeeding Podcast. Lori is an internationally board certified lactation consultant and has spent much of her adult life working in the maternal health field. Once she became turned on to birth and became a childbirth educator, there was no stopping her love of working with families during their childbearing years. Lori became a Birth doula and a Postpartum doula and soon became a lactation consultant. Lori founded her private practice, All About Breastfeeding where she meets with moms one on one to help solve their breastfeeding challenges. Her membership site, All About Mothering, which just launched on April 1st, 2017, helps moms navigate their journey from pregnancy through their postpartum days. She is an international speaker, book author and podcast host. Not to mention, she is mom to 3 grown children.
In the episode we talk about:
- The challenges of being a childbirth educator already when birthing her second child
- How her career in birth work evolved over the years
- Why she decided to start the All About Breastfeeding Podcast
- The importance of educating society about breastfeeding
- How important it is to talk about the things no one else does when it comes to birth and breastfeeding
- Her new educational membership website, All About Mothering
- The importance of not comparing birth and postpartum stories
- Her experience with polyhydramnios with her third baby
- Her incredibly quick labor with her third
- The intense details that we remember about our birth stories, even decades later!
- The sweet moments throughout the first year
- and More!
This episode of the Postpartum Podcast is sponsored by ICON UNDIES. Did you know that 1 in 3 women experience little bladder leaks when they run, jump, sneeze, or laugh? This is especially true for new moms. But because of Icon, You don’t have to worry! Their undies feel like a regular, beautiful pair of underwear, but can hold up to 6 teaspoons of liquid without the bulky, bunchy plasticy feel of a pantyliner. Icon is also offering listeners of the podcast $5 off your order with code postpartum at checkout.
ICON is also giving away THREE pairs of Icon Undies to one lucky winner this month for Mother's Day! Enter to win at the Rafflecopter Giveaway below!
You can find the show wherever you find your podcasts, or stream it here.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
The podcast is also sponsored by Audible.com. To get your FREE audiobook and 30-day trial, please go tohttp://www.audibletrial.com/postpartum
You can also support the show by becoming a patron on Patreon. No donation is too small, for as little as $1 per episode, you can make a huge difference for the show. Click here to learn more.
Thank you SO much for your support!