Today I so enjoyed chatting with local midwife, Chelsea Fredlund. Chelsea is a Licensed Midwife and Certified Professional Midwife at Placerville Midwifery. Her practice offers full-scale midwifery care for women who choose to birth at home, including prenatal visits, home birth, and postpartum visits. She also offers Birthing from Within childbirth education classes for clients and other families planning a natural childbirth in or out of the hospital. She is mom to one 4 ½ year old girl named Mariah and currently lives in Placerville, CA with her daughter and husband.
In her episode we chat about:
- How nice it can be to come in and out of birth work while parenting young kids
- Having her partner home for 3 months after birth
- Her process of going from being a doula to a midwife in recent years
- The importance of nutrition and exercise during pregnancy
- Nursing challenging
- Shifting your lifestyle around sleep
- A "good" baby is not a sleepy baby
- The difference between midwifery (particularly home birth midwifery) care and hospital care
- Ways that you can use a midwife both for prenatal and postpartum, even if you plan to birth in a hospital
- The importance of emotional support around your own parenting decisions during postpartum
- Be ready to shift expectations!
This episode of the postpartum Podcast is sponsored by ICON UNDIES. Did you know that 1 in 3 women experience little bladder leaks when they run, jump, sneeze, or laugh? This is especially true for new moms. But because of Icon, You don’t have to worry! Their undies feel like a regular, beautiful pair of underwear, but can hold up to 6 teaspoons of liquid without the bulky, bunchy plasticy feel of a pantyliner. Icon is also offering listeners of the podcast $5 off your order with code postpartum at checkout.
You can find the show wherever you find your podcasts, or stream it here.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
The podcast is also sponsored by Audible.com. To get your FREE audiobook and 30-day trial, please go tohttp://www.audibletrial.com/postpartum
You can also support the show by becoming a patron on Patreon. No donation is too small, for as little as $1 per episode, you can make a huge difference for the show. Click here to learn more.
Thank you SO much for your support!