I so enjoyed chatting with Jolie Ankrom, aka @becomingjolie, on today's episode! Jolie is a small business owner of Brim Papery, an online stationery shop that specializes in hand lettered products. She works out of home in Columbus Ohio with her husband and two children. When she's not working, she loves to go out on walks, cook, and thrift. You can follow along with her life on Instagram at @becomingjolie where she discusses food, feminism, family, and feelings. Lots of feelings.
In her episode we talk about:
- Her transition from teaching to owning a small business
- Struggling with the decision to put her second child in daycare sooner than her first
- Expectations when it comes to birth - there's no one right way!
- Both of her birth stories & her experience with prodromal labor
- The importance of voicing your needs after having a baby
- The importance of communication with your partner as parenting continues to evolve
- How babies force you to slow down
- The season you are in now is now the same as the one you are coming out of or going into - SO true!
- And more!
This episode of the postpartum Podcast is sponsored by ICON UNDIES. Did you know that 1 in 3 women experience little bladder leaks when they run, jump, sneeze, or laugh? This is especially true for new moms. But because of Icon, You don’t have to worry! Their undies feel like a regular, beautiful pair of underwear, but can hold up to 6 teaspoons of liquid without the bulky, bunchy plasticy feel of a pantyliner. Icon is also offering listeners of the podcast $5 off your order with code postpartum at checkout.
You can find the show wherever you find your podcasts, or stream it here.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
The podcast is also sponsored by Audible.com. To get your FREE audiobook and 30-day trial, please go tohttp://www.audibletrial.com/postpartum
You can also support the show by becoming a patron on Patreon. No donation is too small, for as little as $1 per episode, you can make a huge difference for the show. Click here to learn more.
Thank you SO much for your support!