Today I had a great time talking with Jessica Turner of The Mom Creative, author of The Fringe Hours: Making Time for You and creator of the Stretched Too Thin E-Course for Working Moms. Additionally, she is an an award-winning marketing professional and freelance writer. She has been featured in numerous media outlets including The Today Show, O Magazine, Pregnancy & Newborn Magazine, Better Homes & Gardens and Inc.com. She and her husband, Matthew live with their three young children in Nashville, Tennessee.
In her episode we talk about:
- How she juggles 3 kids, working full time and her side creative projects
- Her experience with bed rest and tiny 6 week maternity leave with her first
- Her Book, The Fringe Hours and how she released it 6 weeks after her third child was born
- The importance of self care!
- All of the good and hard things are both just a season. Changes are fast and real in the first year.
- Don't forget about your spouse/partner!
- How meal trains can support more than just your physical nourishment
- Tips for going back to work for working moms, specifically
- And of course, the importance of making time for yourself in the long run.
Check out one of Jessica's great blog posts on how busy moms find time to read.
Sign up for the wait list for her e-course for working moms, Stretched Too Thin!
This episode of the postpartum Podcast is sponsored by ICON UNDIES. Did you know that 1 in 3 women experience little bladder leaks when they run, jump, sneeze, or laugh? This is especially true for new moms. But because of Icon, You don’t have to worry! Their undies feel like a regular, beautiful pair of underwear, but can hold up to 6 teaspoons of liquid without the bulky, bunchy plasticy feel of a pantyliner. Icon is also offering listeners of the podcast $5 off your order with code postpartum at checkout.
You can find the show wherever you find your podcasts, or stream it here.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
The podcast is also sponsored by Audible.com. To get your FREE audiobook and 30-day trial, please go tohttp://www.audibletrial.com/postpartum
You can also support the show by becoming a patron on Patreon. No donation is too small, for as little as $1 per episode, you can make a huge difference for the show. Click here to learn more.
Thank you SO much for your support!