Fall is finally upon us! Sorta. It’s 80’s the next couple weeks and officially September, which means FALL! So I wanted to take some time to look back at my summer bucket list and see what we accomplished and then also share my fall bucket list! This fall is gonna be a bit busy because of all the birth work stuff I’ve got going on but I really want to enjoy all of the things I love about Fall and do so intentionally.
Summer Bucket List Recap:
Go to the State Fair
- Go to a Waterpark
Enroll Clare in Swim Lessons Go to the Farmer’s market every week Spend some time outside early mornings
- Take at least one day trip to San Francisco
- Take at least one day trip to Truckee
Go to an outdoor concert in the park
- Go to the drive-in movies
Go to Yoga in the Park as much as possible Put together Teaching Outline for Childbirth Classes Launch new website Back load Podcast interviews to avoid being stressed during the holidays.
- Have a yard sale.
- Insight Meditation 6-Week Meditation Online Course
- Learn to sew a quilt
Alas, the water park didn’t happen again this year. Maybe next summer it will actually happen. It may not really count, but we will be in San Francisco this weekend to see Billy Joel. Perhaps we’ll make it to the drive-ins this fall, also. I still would like to have a yard sale…in fact maybe it’ll be better with the cooler weather anyway. Same goes with the meditation online course. I really would like to finish that before the end of the year. And finally, I started to take a quilt class, but then the lady teaching it was all over the place, not organized and clearly not used to teaching beginner sewers… Sooo I’m looking at some tutorials online and still hoping to complete a simple quilt by the end of the year.
And without further ado, my Fall 2015 Bucket List:
· Go to a Pumpkin Patch - probably Dave's in West Sac!
· Go to Apple Hill Multiple Times - Yes!
· Bake a pie from scratch - I'm not sure I've ever done this...at least not by myself.
· Make a homemade Pumpkin Latte - Monica made a pumpkin syrup last year that was delicious and not chemical filled like Starbucks' are.
· Make a scarf - It seems I start one every year but never finish.
· Take Clare Trick-or-Treating - Now that she's old enough to walk around, we should at least be able to hit a few houses this year.
· Bake. And Bake some more.
· Have a “Friendsgiving” - I know a lot of people do this every year, and I'd really like to have a big group of friends get together for our own thanksgiving.
· Do the Run to Feed the Hungry- Not running of course, but with Clare in the stroller. Haven't done it in a few years, but I always love the fall community and that it supports the Sacramento Food bank.
· Take Fall Pictures
· Monday Night Football Happy Hour - Mikuni does all night happy hour on Monday nights, and this is always a fall past time Chris and I have enjoyed.
· Carve Pumpkins - This is a long time tradition with Chris and I. Ever since we met, we've always done pumpkins. Can't find the picture from the very first year.
· Go to a Corn Maze - We always say we are going to do this!
· Have a Fire
· Watch a Scary Movie
· Go to a Haunted House
· Do a Fall Craft - Hello Pinterest!
· Try a few new soup recipes - Cozy fall soups are the best, and they are usually pretty easy. We've got a few go-tos, but I'd love to try some new ones.
· Read a couple novels - I have been reading a lot of non-fiction lately, but something about Fall calls for novels. I just started "What Alice Forgot" by Liane Moriarty.
What plans do you have for this fall?