Today I so enjoyed chatting with Tina Donvito. Her tenacity and heart is contagious. Professionally she is a freelance writer and is also mom to a two-year-old son. She has written about pregnancy and parenting online for The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Huffington Post, Good Housekeeping and Scary Mommy, just to name a few. Her work was also recently published in the anthology Eat Pray Love Made Me Do It: Life Journeys Inspired by the Bestselling Memoir. She also has a parenting blog, Foggy Mommy and is a contributor for The Postpartum Year Anthology.
In Tina's episode we talk about:
- The challenge of parenting a child with hearing loss - see her NYTimes article here.
- How she got laid off from work during maternity leave
- Her struggle with the reality of facing a necessary Caesarean Birth
- How we need to stop saying "all that matters is a healthy baby"
- Her son's 4 day NICU stay
- Breastfeeding challenges and unsupportive providers
- Nursing with a dairy allergy
- The importance of finding a network or support group of other moms
- Why we have to sometimes shop around for pediatricians
- And more!
You can check out the NY Times Article Tina wrote about parenting a child with hearing loss here.
Don't forget to also check out her blog!
This episode of the Postpartum Podcast is sponsored by Earth Mama Angel Baby. Earth Mama Angel Baby has been safely nurturing pregnant women and babies for over a decade with trusted, certified organic and natural herbal products formulated to support the entire journey of childbirth, from pregnancy through postpartum recovery, breastfeeding, and baby care, and even baby loss. Listeners can get 20% off your order with the code "Postpartum20" at checkout.
You can find the show wherever you find your podcasts, or stream it here.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
The podcast is also sponsored by Audible.com. To get your FREE audiobook and 30-day trial, please go tohttp://www.audibletrial.com/postpartum
You can also support the show by becoming a patron on Patreon. No donation is too small, for as little as $1 per episode, you can make a huge difference for the show. Click here to learn more.
Thank you SO much for your support!