Today is a very special episode, I talk with one of my best mama friends, Monica Denniston. Monica and I met when our daughters were just 5 and 8 weeks old in a mommy baby yoga class. Our girls are nearly two now and have literally ‘grown up’ together. Monica is due with baby number 2, a boy, in January. We’ve been talking about having her on the podcast since I began recording them, and I’m so glad to be able to share her story.
In this episode we talk about:
- Monica’s unique vaginal breech birth story. Monica delivered at the same hospital I did here locally. If you check out the Mama Sherpas documentary, Sutter Davis is featured and includes her OB delivering another vaginal breech birth. (Shout out Annette Fineberg!)
- How Monica made the decision to go from being a corporate lawyer to staying at home with her daughter and the ever-present pressure society puts on women to stay in the workforce.
- How to deal with “helpful” advice from friends, family and even strangers
- The importance of mom friends, hiring a doula and reaching out to a lactation consultant.
- How being able to make the choice to stay at home was the first time she really felt like a “real” adult because she was doing something for herself and not just because society said she “should.”
I know you will love this episode and our conversation! Love you, M.
You can find Monica’s blog “Cest’ Law Vie” here.
Don’t forget! You still have a couple weeks to submit your stories for The Postpartum Year anthology. More information at www.kelliejoy.com/book
Thank you again for listening, supporting the show, and supporting moms!