Today I chat with Catharine Bramkamp. Catharine is an author, college professor, writing coach and podcast host of The Newbie Writers Podcast. She is also mom to two grown boys. Catharine and I met several years ago at the San Francisco Writer's Conference. She's hilarious and witty and I loved getting to chat with her about her postpartum stories - especially because she has the great benefit of perspective on those early years now that her boys are grown. We chat about:
- The benefits of having mom friends close by, within walking distance
- The benefits of having kids close together in age - hers are 16 months apart
- The great benefit of building your tribe, it doesn't have to be family, it can be anyone who is supportive!
- The real challenge but importance of staying in the moment with our babies while they are little.
- And finally - why we need to stay away from Dr. Google!
I know you will enjoy her interview, and be sure to check out Catharine's website here.
You can check out her new book, Future Gold on Amazon.
And give The Newbie Writer's Podcast a listen!
Don't forget to get your submissions in for The Postpartum Year anthology!