Today I chatted with Lisa Chin. Lisa is a holistic mama to a happy two year old girl. Motherhood has profoundly changed who she is, how she sees the world and the mark she wants to leave. She seeks to live an inspired life of mothering, writing, and pursuing what calls to be created. When she's not wrangling spreadsheets or her toddler, she can be found writing for her blog, Lisa for Real, where she share her thoughts on fierce femininity, eureka moments and lessons in self-awareness. Her latest project is the Fourth Trimester Summit where Lisa interviews over 40 experts in women's health, infant development and mental health who share their knowledge so new moms can create their ideal postpartum experience.
In her episode we talk about:
- How motherhood is the best therapy
- Changing careers mid-pregnancy
- How she decided to create the Fourth Trimester Summit
- How her water broke just after the only time she meditated her whole pregnancy
- Her surprise Breech Vaginal Birth!
- The Importance of having a Birth Plan but also being flexible. It's all about knowledge.
- Developing a new partner dynamic after baby arrives
- Therapy as a preventative measure
- How Traditional Chinese Medicine sees the postpartum period
- Focus on the Mom, Not the Baby!
- We are all doing the best what we can with the knowledge that we have!
Be sure to sign up for The Fourth Trimester Summit which is happening NEXT week! The Fourth Trimester Summit features 40+ interviews with experts in infant development, health, breastfeeding and more. It is free to view all of the video interviews from November 9-18, 2016. Be sure to sign up through the link below to get email reminders for each of the days' speakers so you don't miss out!
You can find the show wherever you find your podcasts, or stream it here.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
The podcast is also sponsored by Audible.com. To get your FREE audiobook and 30-day trial, please go tohttp://www.audibletrial.com/postpartum
You can also support the show by becoming a patron on Patreon. No donation is too small, for as little as $1 per episode, you can make a huge difference for the show. Click here to learn more.
Thank you SO much for your support!