I learned SO much from this episode with Dr. Jolene Brighten. I definitely want to have her on the show again in the future to talk more about postpartum health. Jolene is a naturopathic doctor, a practicing Holistic Pelvic Care provider, Hashimoto's disease advocate and expert in postpartum thyroiditis. She also the author of the book "Healing Yourself Naturally After Childbirth - The New Mom's Guide to Navigating the Fourth Trimester" which is coming out in hard cover this week! Jolene has generously offered to giveaway one copy of the book to a listener! Enter the rafflecopter giveaway below:
We covered SO much in this episode, but here were some highlights:
- Thyroid Health during the Postpartum Period
- Hashimoto's Disease (Postpartum Thyroiditis), which can affect up to 17% of women. We talk about what it is, the symptoms and treatments and how it can affect future fertility.
- Realistic Self Care Practices
- The importance of taking enough time off of work during your postpartum period
- Hilarious thoughts she had towards the end of her home birth labor.
- How our emotions SHOULD go up and down and we should explore that
- How we need to treat miscarriage with more reverence
Thank you so much for sharing your insights and knowledge, Jolene!!
To learn more about Jolene, you can check out here website here.
Don't forget to purchase her new book that is sure to be an amazing resource for new moms here.
You can find the show wherever you find your podcasts, or stream it directly here.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
The podcast is also sponsored by Audible.com. To get your FREE audiobook and 30-day trial, please go to http://www.audibletrial.com/postpartum
You can also support the show by becoming a patron on Patreon. No donation is too small, for as little as $1 per episode, you can make a huge difference for the show. Click here to learn more.
I thank you SO much for your support!