Today I had a blast chatting with Brian Salmon, also known as Brian the Birth Guy. Brian is a childbirth educator, lactation counselor and San Antonio’s only practicing male birth doula. I so enjoyed hearing his perspective as a dad, doula and birth enthusiast!
Brian is hilarious, passionate and kind. We talked about so many different things, but here are the highlights:
- Compassionate use of pain meds, pain versus suffering
- His “Rocking Dads” Birth Education Program and how dads go from “Dude to Dad”
- What brought him to birth work
- How it was being a single dad during the postpartum period with his second daughter
- The importance of a solid foundation in your relationship before baby comes
- His candid thoughts about the struggle of a breakup while having young kids
- The movie that I couldn’t think of during the show was called Friends With Kids from 2011
- Real talk about anxiety and mental health
- Kristen Brunner of Baby Proofed Parents who was my Episode 29 guest
- The Sutter Davis Volunteer Doula Program (which just opened applications for Spring!)
- Mama Sherpas Documentary
- The Heads Up Vaginal Breech Birth Documentary
- Family Centered Caesareans
- And More!
You can find the show wherever you find your podcasts, or stream it directly here.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
The podcast is also sponsored by Audible.com. To get your FREE audiobook and 30-day trial, please go tohttp://www.audibletrial.com/postpartum
You can also support the show by becoming a patron on Patreon. No donation is too small, for as little as $1 per episode, you can make a huge difference for the show. Click here to learn more.
Thank you SO much for your support!