Today I really enjoyed chatting with Ashlee Wells. Ashlee is a Chicago based photographer, feminist and storyteller. Mama of three, including two living super kids with special needs, she is also an advocate for visibility and differing abilities. Ashlee is the founder of the 4th Trimester Bodies Project, owner of Windy City Pin-Up and always excited to share her message of positivity and self-love.
We talked about so much in this episode but the highlights were:
- Navigating the prematurity of her first child
- Losing one of her twins during gestation and carrying both to term
- Starting the 4th Trimester Bodies Project right after her daughter came home from NICU
- How the trauma of her second birth led her to struggle with body love
- The importance of talking about pregnancy and infant loss
- How the 4th Trimester Body Project came to be
- And more!
You can find the show wherever you find your podcasts, or stream it here.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
The podcast is also sponsored by Audible.com. To get your FREE audiobook and 30-day trial, please go tohttp://www.audibletrial.com/postpartum