I loved chatting with Alaura Weaver! Alaura is a freelance copywriter, blogger, word-geek, mom, and "Bad-ass Motherblogger" who writes web content for small businesses and digital marketing professionals. She specializes in parenting, health, and wellness topics. You can read her blog about the history of motherhood here. Alaura is also a contributor for The Postpartum Year Anthology. I'm so glad to be able to talk about her experiences, which are rare, but I think it's important to share so that other moms who have experienced it feel less alone.
In her episode we talk about:
- Her traumatic first birth experience
- Leaving her sales job during her baby's first year
- Dealing with a PUPP rash at the end of pregnancy
- Her struggle with Postpartum Depression
- How her second c-section with a midwife's guidance was healing
- The importance of not being dogmatic with parenting
- Do practical things after the baby is born!
- The reality of Baby Blues not being a "just" but something to acknowledge and respect
- The importance of being with our feelings
- And more!
You can find the show wherever you find your podcasts, or stream it here.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
The podcast is also sponsored by Audible.com. To get your FREE audiobook and 30-day trial, please go tohttp://www.audibletrial.com/postpartum
You can also support the show by becoming a patron on Patreon. No donation is too small, for as little as $1 per episode, you can make a huge difference for the show. Click here to learn more.
Thank you SO much for your support!