I’ve been thinking over a couple words for my ‘One Little Word’ for 2016 and finally settled on ‘Enough.’ The more I've rolled it around in my head, the more I've really felt it was the right word. I particularly like it because it can cover so many different facets of life. Constantly reminding myself that I am doing enough, being enough, good enough. Also that we have enough and the season of life that we are in is enough. And I can also flip it on its head and remember to say Enough and let it go when something in my life is not serving me well. I like the idea of using our "one little word" as a lens for how we see the year.
And along with focusing my 2016 year on ‘Enough’ here are my other 2016 goals!
· Complete my Gadanke “Home” Journal – Over the summer, I wrote this post about how special this little rental house is to me, and I really want to capture similar sentiments in my Gadanke Home Journal. Check out Katie’s journals, they are amazing!
· Organize our most used recipes in ONE place and come up with a system for them. – Right now they are SO scattered. Some printed, some on Pinterest, some memorized. Really planning to come up with a system and keep better track of stuff we try and like. I'd really like this to go along with better meal planning, grocery shopping and just simplifying food in general.
· Read 30 Books – Considering I read 35 in 2015, 30 seems like a good goal for 2016! So many are already on my list! Follow me on Goodreads for more book stuff.
· Be more intentional about monthly date nights with Chris – As I mentioned yesterday, this year I’d really like to actually plan our dates better and maybe do some things we haven’t done before. Not just the same old.
· Learn to Knit – This is also on my 30 before 30 list. I can do really basic crochet, but I really want to try out knitting since I tend to like finished knit projects better.
· Finish Lactation Counselor and Childbirth Educator Certifications – On track for both of these by the end of the spring!
· Publish Postpartum Year Anthology Book - (or at least have it on its way!) I am going to be looking into traditional publishing and hybrid publishing before going the self publishing route, so depending which direction it ends up going, I’m not sure how long this project will take to complete, but it’s one I’m very passionate about, so I am excited to work on it!
· Continue Mom’s One Line a Day Journal and 5-Minute Journal, but also do the 52 List Journal – I got this journal a few months ago and decided to start it in January, I like the idea of spending a little bit of time every Sunday writing out a different creative list. And still love my One Line and 5-Minute journals.
· Go to a Yoga Class at LEAST twice every week, preferably 3 times, or even more. – When I don’t have Zumba and the Lactation counselor classes at ARC going on 3 times is TOTALLY doable…but with the above in Feb-May, I'm going to tell myself that two is... enough.
· Complete the Zuda Yoga Assistant Program – Registered for this in February!
· Meditate everyday, but shoot for 5+ minutes – Continuing the habit from 2015, but trying to up the length.
· Publish a blog post once per month – a lot less from 2015, but with everything else going on, I think this is a reasonable goal!
· Podcast – 3 Full Episodes per month (36 for the year - up from 2 per week and 25 for the year in 2015)
· Eat Less Sugar – I’m not sure how I’ll quantify this one…but I know that I get into ruts of eating WAY too much sugar and it makes me feel like crap. Everything in moderation and all that jazz, but I need the even the moderate amount to be lots smaller. And of course this also can be filed under the header of 'enough.'
2015 brought a lot of growth, and finding a good groove. 2016 is sure to bring even more and I'm excited to see where it takes us.
Happy New Year to all!