Today I chat with doula, certified hypnotherapist, hypnodoula, and hypnobabies instructor Michelle Lockett. Michelle is also a mom to two and part of our local doula collective Capital City Doulas as well. Her energy is so calming and supportive, I think you will really enjoy this one!
In the episode we chat about:
- How her healing second birth led her into birth work.
- The dire importance of rallying support after you have a baby.
- Processing our fear surrounding birth and parenthood.
- What a hypnotherapy session looks like
- Having a fund at your baby shower for a postpartum doula or birth doula instead of getting more baby stuff.
- How the whole first year of your baby's life is when you are giving birth to yourself as a mother.
The blog post I mentioned about a moms group for moms who don't want to talk about being moms can be found here.
Locally, I mentioned Midtown Lactation Consultants and you can find them here.
You can find out more about Michelle's Doula and Hypnotherapy Services and classes here.
You can find the show wherever you find your podcasts, or stream it directly here.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
I thank you SO much for your support!