Today it was so fun to chat with Kate Taylor, music therapist and birth doula and owner of Creative Childbirth Concepts. I was fascinated with how Kate used her music therapy background to provide support for family's in her work as a doula, and I think you will find this information so interesting and helpful. We talked about so many different things but here are some highlights:
- How music can be incorporated into not only your birth but your postpartum experiences as well
- How music is used during a birth
- Helpful tips for choosing your birth playlist
- How to find a music therapist for your birth
- How she incorporated music into both of her birth experiences and how it also helped her deal with jaundice and her daughter having to stay at the hospital after she was discharged
- How to choose the best lullaby based on baby's brain development (so many things I hadn't thought of!)
- The importance of doulas! (a common topic on this show)
- Love Languages for helping out in postpartum
Learn more about Music Therapy for Childbirth and Kate here.
You can find the show wherever you find your podcasts, or stream it directly here.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
The podcast is also sponsored by Audible.com. To get your FREE audiobook and 30-day trial, please go tohttp://www.audibletrial.com/postpartum
You can also support the show by becoming a patron on Patreon. No donation is too small, for as little as $1 per episode, you can make a huge difference for the show. Click here to learn more.
Thank you SO much for your support!