Today was such a fun episode full of so much heart and helpful information! I loved chatting with Angie Valentin. Angie is a certified doula and has supported 350+ growing families since 2004 as a Birth Doula and Postpartum Doula, as a Birth & Baby Educator leading childbirth education classes and newborn baby care classes, and as a Placenta Encapsulation Specialist in the greater Sacramento area. Angie is the founder and director of Doulaville Birth Services, (in Seattle, Philadelphia, and San Francisco), a doula collective intended to prepare, support, and nourish the women who so passionately support this labor of love. In Angie's episode, we chat about so many different things, but here are the highlights:
- Parenting 3 children with a large age gap - 13 is similar to 2!
- Managing pre-existing OCD during postpartum
- Dealing with a challenging surrogacy pregnancy and birth
- Having her daughter diagnosed with autism and how that challenged her postpartum period
- Dealing with long term Postpartum Depression
- How short labors can actually be traumatizing in their own right
- Self Care with a Type A personality
- Such a beautiful way of helping us remember we need to accept help
- The importance of those close to you knowing the signs and symptoms of postpartum depression
- How we have to speak the same "language" in our relationships
- And so much more!
This episode of the Postpartum Podcast is sponsored by Earth Mama Angel Baby. Earth Mama Angel Baby has been safely nurturing pregnant women and babies for over a decade with trusted, certified organic and natural herbal products formulated to support the entire journey of childbirth, from pregnancy through postpartum recovery, breastfeeding, and baby care, and even baby loss. Listeners can get 20% off your order with the code "Postpartum20" at checkout.
You can find the show wherever you find your podcasts, or stream it here.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
The podcast is also sponsored by Audible.com. To get your FREE audiobook and 30-day trial, please go tohttp://www.audibletrial.com/postpartum
You can also support the show by becoming a patron on Patreon. No donation is too small, for as little as $1 per episode, you can make a huge difference for the show. Click here to learn more.
Thank you SO much for your support!