Today is a special episode because I got to talk with another one of my dear friends here in Sacramento. Stephanie Dullanty is a birth doula, postpartum doula and birth photographer and mom to Rio. Stephanie and I met through Capital City Doulas and she is such a sweet and wonderful person. I am so happy to share her and her wife Martha's story of how they experienced conception, pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
In this episode we talk about:
- How she and Martha chose their sperm donor (They used Pacific Reproductive Services) and how complicated the process can be to conception
- How she came to birth work
- Ways that we can be more inclusive to queer families in birth education and parenting
- Her beautiful birth story with Rio
- The importance of finding community
- Struggling with Rio's colic
- Balancing going back to work when your baby or toddler has only had one primary caregiver
You can find out more about Stephanie at her website Rio City Birthworks
If you are local to Sacramento, please check out our calendar at Capital City Doulas to see when the next Mama Talks event is.
You can find the show wherever you find your podcasts, or stream it directly here.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
The podcast is also sponsored by Audible.com. To get your FREE audiobook and 30-day trial, please go to http://www.audibletrial.com/postpartum
You can also support the show by becoming a patron on Patreon. No donation is too small, for as little as $1 per episode, you can make a huge difference for the show. Click here to learn more.
Thank you SO much for your support!