Today was such a fun episode. Kelsey and Sarah are two of my most favorite ‘internet friends.’ We are such kindred spirits, and I always find myself turning to them for Working Mama Advice so I wanted to have an episode solely dedicated to talking about being a working mom during postpartum and beyond.
A little bit more about Sarah: Sarah is a wife, mother of three, and writer, blogger at sarahrosemary.com, and podcaster living outside DC. She also teaches group exercise classes and provides social media, marketing, web design, and communications work.
A little bit more about Kelsey: Kelsey is a writer, podcaster and full time working mom. She lives in Gilbert, Arizona with her husband and two young boys. She works full time as a science writer for Arizona State University and pursues other creative projects outside of work including two podcasts (The Girl Next Door Podcast and Matrimoney) and writing her personal blog at risingshining.com
In the episode we talk about:
· How Sarah has made part-time working work for her family
· How Kelsey decided to stay in the work force full time when she had her kids because she had just started an awesome new job that she loved
· How our parental leave policies are ridiculously short
· Part of making creative work possible is prioritizing and what we “don’t do”
· Ways to fit in Self Care – (Hint, we are all 3 early birds)
· The danger of comparison or “grass is always greener” in the social media age
· That we need to talk more about the positives of working motherhood, not just the downsides
· How being a mother makes you an asset in the workforce
· The importance of remembering Nothing is Permanent
Don't forget to check out their podcasts!
This episode of the Postpartum Podcast is sponsored by Earth Mama Angel Baby. Earth Mama Angel Baby has been safely nurturing pregnant women and babies for over a decade with trusted, certified organic and natural herbal products formulated to support the entire journey of childbirth, from pregnancy through postpartum recovery, breastfeeding, and baby care, and even baby loss. Listeners can get 20% off your order with the code "Postpartum20" at checkout.
You can find the show wherever you find your podcasts, or stream it here.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
The podcast is also sponsored by Audible.com. To get your FREE audiobook and 30-day trial, please go tohttp://www.audibletrial.com/postpartum
You can also support the show by becoming a patron on Patreon. No donation is too small, for as little as $1 per episode, you can make a huge difference for the show. Click here to learn more.
Thank you SO much for your support!