Today it was so fun talking to Michelle Beckner! Michelle is a mom of two who is passionate about real food and educating new and expecting moms on how to stay happy and healthy so that they can raise happy and healthy babies. She was working as a chemical engineer and pregnant with my second child when she decided to go back to school to become a certified nutrition coach in 2016. Since then, she's taught courses on starting solids and how to be a Calm Mom. Now, she mainly work with breastfeeding moms with babies who have food allergies and intolerances. She has breastfed both of my babies through food allergies. With everything she's learned, she's made it her mission to educate new and expecting moms of the signs of allergies as well as educate and support moms who need to eliminate dairy and other foods from their diet.
In her episode we chat about:
- Birthing a business and a baby all in the same year!
- Balancing a business, another part time job and a move all in the postpartum year
- Her experience with food allergies and intolerances with her own children
- The complications of so many different opinions on how to manage allergies with babies
- How she can help breastfeeding moms with with allergies
- Her experience switching to midwifery care mid-pregnancy
- The importance of educating ourselves about our birthing options and care providers
- The challenges of having the second child and the work multiplying
- Disposable plates and utensils for your friends who are newly postpartum!
You can find Michelle on Facebook @mlbfamilywellness or on her website here. If you are a dairy free mama then check out her Facebook group Dairy Free Breastfeeding: Surviving & Thriving!
You can find this episode wherever you listen to podcasts or you can stream it here.
This episode of the postpartum podcast is sponsored by Aeroflow Breastpumps. Aeroflow helps you navigate qualifying for a breast pump through your insurance. Just because its covered, doesn’t mean it’s easy. Let Aeroflow handle the bureaucracy so that you can enjoy your baby. Go to aeroflowbreastpumps.com/postpartum to learn more.
As always, please consider subscribing and leaving a review on iTunes here. Your reviews really help the show out because they allow it to be more visible so that we can reach more moms.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use this link and do your shopping as you always would and the show will get a teeny tiny kickback.
Thank you SO much for your support!
You can find Michelle on Facebook @mlbfamilywellness. If you are a dairy free mama then check out her Facebook group Dairy Free Breastfeeding: Surviving & Thriving!