The Birth of a Child is the Birth of a FAMILY
*** THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED WITH 2019 OFFERINGS at the end of 2018. Please email to find out if there are any Fall 2018 offerings***
Offering Private Childbirth and Postpartum Classes in the Greater Sacramento Area
I am an International Childbirth Education Association (ICEA) certified Childbirth Educator and Certified Lactation Educator offering private childbirth, breastfeeding and postpartum classes in the greater Sacramento area. My philosophy of birth is that it is a normal, beautiful, powerful and physiologic process and that ALL families have the absolute right to knowledge about all of the choices, options and alternatives they have when it comes to pregnancy and childbirth. It is only with knowledge that you can make informed decisions about your care. Classes are fun, encouraging, informative and inspiring! Private classes allow couples to experience classes tailored to them and their needs individually and get more hands on practice and assistance.
If you would like to schedule a private class:
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about dates
- Include your name, your partner's name and your due date
- Include which class(es) you are interested in.
- After an agreed upon date, I will email you a PayPal invoice for payment and you will receive a questionnaire to fill out prior to class so that I can better tailor class curriculum to individual participants.
About the Classes:
Childbirth Choices Signature Comprehensive Prep
- 8 hours
- One Weekend Day, Two 4 hour Classes or Three 2 1/2 Hour Classes
What will you learn?
When you complete the Childbirth Choices Comprehensive Prep you will feel confident that you have the tools for whatever your labor throws at you. Over the course of 8 hours of instruction, you and your partner will learn:
- The Physiological Process of Childbirth
- Signs of Labor
- Comfort Measures for Labor (with lots of in-class practice!) - Including relaxation, breath techniques and ideal positioning
- How to Make Informed Decisions about Your Care
- The Pros and Cons of Common Medical Interventions, Medications and Procedures
- Positions and Tools for Transition and Pushing
- What to Expect Immediately Postpartum
- And More!
Tools & Techniques for the Home Birth or Birth Center Couple
- 3 Hours
- One 3-hour class or two 1 1/2 hour classes
What will you learn?
This class is perfect for a couple planning a birth at home or at the birth center! At the end of this class, you will will confident in having a full tool-belt to help you cope with whatever labor throws your way.
- The Physiology of Normal Labor including Stages and Signs of Labor
- Positive Positioning for Labor, Pushing and Birth
- Comfort Measures and Strategies to Help Labor Progress
- How to Combat Back Labor
- Massage, Breathing and Other Coping Methods for Labor
- Hands on Practice and a "Labor Rehearsal"
Postpartum Prep Class
- One 1 Hour Class
One of my friends likened preparing for birth to preparing for a wedding. Once the wedding is over you have to also prepare for the marriage. Similarly, once the birth is over, you have to be ready for Postpartum. The postpartum period is an often overlooked time in a family's life in our culture, and this class seeks to give you the tools to be prepared for the intense changes that your life is about to undergo. In this class you will learn:
- Immediate Postpartum Information
- What to expect during the postpartum period: Physical, Mental and Relationship Changes
- Comfort Care for the New Mom after the Birth
- Baby Behavior and Cues based on the UC Davis studies
- Soothing Skills, Normal Newborn Crying & Sleep Patterns
- Suggestions for what to prepare ahead of time to ease this transition
- Basic Babywearing Information
- "What can I help with?" - Answers to this question that multiple friends and family are sure to ask once the baby is here
- The Signs, Symptoms and Statistics for Postpartum Mood Disorders
- Tons of local Resources for postpartum support & moms' and parents' groups
LOOKING FOR BREASTFEEDING CLASSES? Go here: www.kelliejoy.com/breastfeed
You can take Childbirth, Postpartum Prep and Breastfeeding for $400. (save $45)
You can take the Tools & Techniques, Postpartum Prep and Breastfeeding for $225 (save $25)
You can take Postpartum Prep and Breastfeeding for $125. (save $20)
GROUP DISCOUNTS are available. Inquire with the number of people interested in the class(es).
All Private classes take place at my home in the Oak Park Area of Sacramento. For an additional travel fee, I can come to you. (Fees vary based on location)
Customized and "Express" Classes are also available, please use the contact form below to inquire about rates and more information.
I also facilitate New Mom support groups for a local hospital. Email to learn more!
I also teach Baby & Me Yoga at RAW Yoga Center on Tuesday mornings. See below!
Header Photo Credit: Nataly Bates Birth Photography